English/Humanities/RE Teachers- Opportunities in 2024
The learning and teaching program at Kilbreda College is both innovative and inspiring. It challenges students to be creative, critical, and reflective thinkers. We are looking for passionate and engaging Teachers to join our College Community in 2024.
You will be responsible for Teaching students from Years 7-12, within the subject areas of English, Humanities and Religious Education. As a professional in the field, you will have an overarching responsibility for providing an innovative and contemporary learning environment that inspires a love of learning and the pursuit of excellence.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Together with colleagues inspire a passion for life-long and reflective learning where all learners flourish and engage with the deep questions of life
- Embed an innovative, future focused, inclusive curriculum that inspires curious, engaged, confident and independent learners
- Use data and evidence effectively, to foster individual growth and build the capacity of both staff and students
- Motivate students to be aspirational, supported by contemporary teaching practices and effective and timely feedback
- Engage students, colleagues and families in an authentic relationship in the process of learning
- Foster positive community partnership and professional links to enhance student learning and pathways
The successful candidate will:
- Recognised teaching qualifications with current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
- Experience/and or qualifications teaching within religious education and humanities
- Ability to implement effective teaching and learning strategies to cater for different learning styles and abilities
- Excellent ICT skills and ability to effectively use ICT to enhance learning
- Demonstrated experience working effectively as part of a committed learning focussed team
- Personal skills of flexibility, adaptability, as well as a high degree of motivation
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive and effective working relationships with staff and students
- A strong commitment to teamwork and working collaboratively with others
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Catholic Education and an understanding of the importance of charism and spiritual tradition in the life of an order-owned Catholic school
- A commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children
There are two positions available, full time, fixed term for 12 months (leave replacement)
If this sounds like the role for you then don’t hesitate, apply online now.
Applications close at 4pm on Tuesday 26 September 2023
Kilbreda College is a child safe employer and is committed to the welfare of children and their protection. All potential employees and volunteers will be required to comply with the School’s Child Safe Policy and Code of Conduct. Applicants will be required to undergo police and background checks in accordance with this policy.
How to Apply
Applicants are asked to provide the following and apply via the Job Application Form below:
- An introductory letter outlining your suitability and interest in the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- A fully completed Application for Employment form (Non-Teaching Position)
- Copy of qualifications and evidence of registration
- Copy of current Working With Children Check
- A statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the role description.